Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tales from the tub - Averyl


Averyl

Averyl was in love. But she had been in love before and now she was a cynic.

"He". It made her laugh. The royal "He". He, him, the person you are looking for that you have no idea what to do with once you find.

"What do I do with love?"

"What do you mean, you revel, you rejoice, you have what everyone wants," Stephi found her friends' indecision infuriating. How dare this bitch question her good fortune.

But, for Averyl, it was a valid question. What do you do with it. It isn't a physical or tangible thing. It is a concept. It's an idea. A construct. What do you do with something that is actually nothing, in real terms.

"Love is an intangible asset, what does it mean? Is all," she retorted with suboptimal conviction, "I know it's what I want, but I don't know what it is, which brings me to my point, which is, what is it and what do I do with it?"

Seeking love is a monopolistic activity. It overrides all others. The seeking of it, unfortunately, detracts from the reality of having it. Many, once they have it, stop. Mission accomplished. Often in this instance the relationship stagnates and fails. Why? Because there was never any plan, no plan, beyond the acquisition.

So, there she was, in love, with no plan. No idea what to do with it. As aforementioned, she had been in love before, she knew she could find love again, so why keep this one?

No love is greater than another. You aren't comparing apples with apples. You can't. Each love is unique. So, how do you pick one from another.

I am pushing this back to my bored readers. Finish my story! What do you do with love once you have it? Help me!

10 comments:

Me said...

Hell no you're not going to push this back on me! You will damn well finish this. Love begins, love endures, love ends - till death do you part. Whatever and ever, amen.

You writing style is so much better these days. Very siilar to my own. We could co-write a very engaging piece, I'm sure.

Goodnight, S`in :)

S said...

Hi,

Yes we should, I suggest a tag team novella...hehe : )

thanks, I a really enjoying it, its relaxing... I like living vicariously though imaginary characters. Don't you?

Me said...

That sounds like an awesome idea. Someday soon we should organise something like that. It's a deal. Make it so. Clap, trap, flap, yo!

I believe you live your history through your characters very well. There is no doubt you have an art for getting your words across through which ever character you chose to be and write about. I know this because I've done the same many times ;)

S said...

Done, just tell me when... I'll bring my imagination you bring yours : )

Me said...

You will be the first to know, I promise.

S said...

Holding you to that.

Live House Research said...

Is love really the end game? Hell no. Isn’t happiness. I mean isn’t that what we strive for- to be happy.

I mean love can be great... birds twittering, flowers bloomin, music in the air and all those jazzy feelings. It can be the thing that brings you the most happiness. But it can also be the worst and make you terribly miserable. Those couples who make up and break up all the time, they’re probably not very good and making each other happy any more. That doesn’t mean they don’t love each other. And love doesn’t mean they should stay together.

So you’re in love. What next? Can you just put your feet up, end of story, do nothing, preserve the moment? Sounds awfully dull to me. Or you got no love, are you miserable? If you are, then this also sounds dull. I mean work, art, sex, music, books, INTERESTS, freakin’ hobbies. This shit can make you happy. Blissfully so. I mean if you can do it with someone you love- wham bam, double whammy. But in isolation, with a stranger, with a friend or a family member it’s still damn satisfying (actually don’t do sex with a family member... that’s just plain icky).
It’s the people who cannot find happiness by themselves or who cling onto something they no longer enjoy that are doomed.

So now for an analogy that will make you think I am some sort of tacky, emotional, shallow prostitute. Think of love like a theme park. Enjoy this ride while it lasts. You’re right, if the one you’re on makes you want to hurl, it breaks down, then get outta there- there is always another one. But if you like one ride best, it doesn’t get boring, it makes you happy. THEN RIDE THAT FUCKER!

Unknown said...

really nice! keep up the good work.
www.pachetedeturism.ro

mj said...

your blog is inspiring.. I like the styleof your writing...


Alaska Salmon Fishing | Austin Auto Accident Lawyer

Himanshu said...

Nice One found interesting !!!!


Regards,
Himanshu
Travel BPO