Friday, March 6, 2009

Uniting the twin disciplines of red shoes and mens hands...

"In Hand" water color and ink on paper. Mark Schwartz.

Anyone who knows me knows I have a weakness for two things, red shoes and men with nice hands.

Oh hello....
GOD CREATES MAN... MAN CREATES SHOES. S is having both, thanks.

Was what I thought when I made an impassioned decision to buy one of Mark's works this week. It's so powerful, raw and I just love it!

I've been checking out his work, prolific work actually, Mark can you sell me your work ethic too? Very few of them seem to have a human element, so this one had a particularly visceral appeal complemented by the bleed of the water colors.

The title has a resonance with me as well. There is nothing about my life presently that I feel like I have in hand. So it makes me feel kind of steady and reassured.

It's also just a little bit sexy.

It just fills me with such immense joy! It's marvelous!

Thanks Mark.

4 comments:

Maaike Pullar said...

I looked at this piece last week and had a bit of a religious experience... reminded me of this:
http://www.success.co.il/knowledge/images/Pillar2-Supernatural-GodCreates-Man-Sistine-Chapel.jpg

S said...

Hey,

want to come to mine when it arrives, hang it, crack something bubbly and have a shared religious experience??

Yay!

Maaike Pullar said...

Providing it doesn't arrive this week, which is retardedly overbooked, I would love to.

S said...

nah, I have to get it mounted anyway, book in three weeks?